This is the mod that will solve every last one of your storage and sorting problems. You will absolutely 100% need either BuildCraft or IndustrialCraft for this mod, as it cannot generate its own power as of yet. I’ll suggest that you install BuildCraft if you’re torn between the two, as it’s slightly better in this use. I’ll go over the world generation part first, since it’s quite important. You’ll find Quartz Ore while mining. When it’s mind it will give you Quartz and/or Quartz Dust. You won’t always get both, but you’ll always get at least one. Quartz can be used to make all of the usual tools (axes, picks, etc) and one new one. Using two sticks, two quartz, and an iron ingot you can make a Quartz Cutting Knife, which is used in crafting recipes later on. You won’t need it if you have a BuildCraft Assembly table. Now, for the network, which is the main part of this mod. These will offer full automation for crafting and storage, allowing you to access all stored recipes and items from a single block. The most simple network consists of three blocks; the ME Controller, ME Chest or ME Drive, and an ME Access Terminal or ME Crafting Terminal. Using the Crafting Terminal and the ME Drive you’ll be able to access and craft anything from within the network, which is really nice. The ME Interface will allow you to attach blocks that aren’t from this mod to the network, such as the Electric Furnace from IC2. I won’t go too much farther into detail, as it’s pretty easy to figure out beyond this point if you caught onto the basics.
Applied Energistics Mod for Minecraft 1.6.4 Main Features
- Remote Ordering
- Relatively cheap sorting system, as compared to similar mods
- Automated storage
- Near infinite storage space
Applied Energistics Mod for Minecraft 1.6.4 Pros and Cons
- Access all chests in a network from a single block
- Tons of storage space
- Organized automatically, and cannot be unorganized
- Remotely order crafting items
- Compatible with other sorting mods such as RedPower2 and BuildCraft
- A tad expensive, but the cheapest mod I’ve seen like it
Applied Energistics Mod Version rv13C for Minecraft 1.6.4 Changelog
- Tweaked the API for the iStorageCell
How to Install Applied Energistics Mod for Minecraft 1.6.4
- Download and Install Minecraft Forge
- Run Minecraft Launcher and select Forge Profile
- Go to Start Menu and Run %appdata%/.minecraft
- Put the Applied Energistics Mod file without extracting it into the mods folder
- Launch Minecraft with the Forge Profile
Note: This mod’s recipes are located here.
In Applied Energistics Mod that will solve every last one of your storage and sorting problems.