We finally have an updated ship mod! This mod adds in a couple of new ways to get around your world in Minecraft. One being a water-ship, the other being an air-ship. Those of you who’ve used the older ship-adding mods may remember that when you would turn your ship into a ship, the water blocks would vanish and leave a whirl pool where your ship was. This mod doesn’t do that, since it replaces the blocks your ship took up with water blocks when you make it mobile. Now, onto the items!
The first item you’ll need to make a ship is the Ship Marker. This acts as the steering wheel for your ship. First you have to build your ship (It has to be smaller than 16x16x16), and then place this block inside of it. Once you do that, you right click the marker and take off. Recipe:
You’ll also need this block to make your ship sea-worthy. The gauges will tell you how fast you’re going, and which direction is north. Place it on top of your Ship Marker and you’ll be ready to set sail! Recipe:
The Extended Gauge block is needed for air ships. It does the same thing as the other one, but has two extra dials for indicating vertical velocity, and the other showing height using two dials. One makes a turn every 10 blocks, the other once per 100. Recipe:
The floater is an optional block. It allows you to go higher on the water if your ship has them, though. You could use it to make an authentic-looking party boat, though. Recipe:
The balloon, on the other hand, is necessary to run an airship. Your ship needs to be at least 40% balloon to fly. That’s 2 of every 5 blocks. Recipe:
Some blocks can’t be used to make a ship for safety reasons. These blocks are:
- Water Lily
- Tall Grass
- Soul Sand
This is so that you can build your ship on land without worrying about bringing the beach with you.
The Ships are controlled just like vanilla boats, as well as the air ships. With air ships, though, you have to hit X and Z to ascend and descend.
Archimedes’ Ships Mod for Minecraft 1.7.5 Main Features
- Building your own ships and aircrafts
How to use the Archimedes’ Ships Mod for Minecraft 1.7.5
- Build your ship
- Put balloons on it if it’s an air ship
- Place a Ship Marker in it
- Place the Gauges on top of the marker
- Right click the marker
- Ride your ship and have fun
Archimedes’ Ships Mod for Minecraft 1.7.5 Pros and Cons
- Build you ships from scratch and make them look how you want them to.
- You might get sea-sick
Archimedes’ Ships Mod version 1.5 for Minecraft 1.7.5 Changelog
- Fixed empty spaces being replaced with water when decompiling
- Fixed seating position bug on large ships
How to Install the Archimedes’ Ships Mod for Minecraft 1.7.5
- Download and Install Minecraft Forge
- Run Minecraft Launcher and select Forge Profile
- Go to Start Menu and Run %appdata%/.minecraft
- Put the Archimedes’ Ships Mod file without extracting it into the mods folder
- Launch Minecraft with the Forge Profile