Another tech-type mod, which has no complaints from me. This one adds in a bunch of new items. The first one is a building-block of sorts. It’s used in a lot of other recipes within the mod. It’s called the Frame, and comes in four tiers:
Replace the Sticks with Iron Ingots for the next tier.
The next tiers are these:
Replace the iron with steel. You make steel by smelting iron.
The blast-resistant blocks are used only in construction and aren’t too useful, so I’ll skip over them. I will go over scaffolds since they can be used to build things a lot easier. Another mod has these, as well, and they’re nearly identical. They act like four-sided ladders, and if you hold them in your hand and left click a scaffold in the world, it adds one onto the stack. You can very easily stack them up however high you need, and then tear them down by breaking the bottom. If this sounds nice, this mod’s for you. Recipes for the scaffolds:
Replace the middle frame with a tier 2 frame for the second one. You can only go four blocks out from the tower with the tier 1 scaffolds, and eight with the second. The next scaffolds are these:
You can go 12 out from the center with this
And 16 with this
So, You can go pretty far out with them.
Sledges are used to smash crafted blocks into pieces, with a chance to lose some of those pieces. They have a different loss chance, with wood being 50% chance to lose, and diamond being 20%. You craft them like this:
Replace the wood with any material you can make a normal tool with for the different tiers.
This mod also adds in another way to enchant things, which I really like, and coins to use on servers for trading. It may not be a very technical mod, but it still makes life easier. It’s a really good utility mod, without many changes to actual gameplay.
And now, before I go, I leave you with a picture of what this mod has to offer:
Artifice Mod for Minecraft 1.7.4 Main Features
- Tools to help you un-craft blocks like bookshelves and iron doors
- Things to help you build houses
- A lot of deco blocks, which make really cool houses.
How to use the Artifice Mod for Minecraft 1.7.4
- Pick something and craft it. There’s no real structure use in this mod. It’s just an improvement on vanilla.
Artifice Mod for Minecraft 1.7.4 Pros and Cons
- A lot of deco blocks
- A tool to help you un-craft blocks
- Scaffolding to help you build easier
- No heavy gameplay changes
- Nothing to say, really. It’s a simple mod with a simple use.
Artifice Mod version 1.1.3 for Minecraft 1.7.4 Changelog
- Fixed dupe bug
- Fixed crash bug
How to Install the Artifice Mod for Minecraft 1.7.4
- Install Minecraft Forge
- Download the mod from below
- Open Minecraft
- Click “Edit Profile” in the launcher, then open the game directory.
- Go to the subfolder ”versions”
- Rename the folder for the version of the mod you need to something else
- Open the folder you just renamed
- Rename ”1.6.2.jar” to the same as your folder (replace spaces with underscores)
- Do the same with the 1.6.2.json file
- Open the .json file in a text editor and replace ”id” ”1.6.2” with ”id” ”(name you used before)”
- Open the archive and drag all of the class files into the .jar file from earlier
- Start minecraft
- Edit profile
- Select the name of the folder you used
- Run minecraft and enjoy