The AudioMod for Minecraft 1.6.2 and 1.6.1is a modders utility that aids on improving the addition of music and sound effects to Minecraft. In this mod is CodecIBXM, which was created in addition to the original codec of Minecraft by the same developer. I strongly suggest that if you are a modder, or you just want to experiment with Minecraft audio that you download this modification right away! It allows for total customization through a drag and drop folder system config.
AudioMod for Minecraft 1.6.2 Main Features
- In addition to ogg, wav, and mus files, Minecraft can now play xm, s3m, and mod files. This upgrade in audio file compatibility adds supports for modders that want to add different music to Minecraft. You can also add new sound effects to the game easily and quickly!
- Custom music and sounds need to be dragged into the resources folder and music in mod/music folder. This does slightly increase load time of Minecraft however.
- For example, if you want to add a new stepping sound to Minecraft, you would add a new stone1.ogg in to mod/sound/step directory. This sound would then be occasionally played alongside the original sound effect.
AudioMod for Minecraft 1.6.2 Pros and Cons
POSITIVES: The added customization and compatibility allows anyone who is a competent modder to experiment with the audio inside Minecraft. The compatibility with the xm, s3m, and mod files allows for increased configuration and supplies endless possibilities for modders alike!
NEGATIVES: One negative is the difficulty of this mod, not everyone could simply download it and start experimenting right away, you have no know what you are doing!
How to Install AudioMod for Minecraft 1.6.2
- First of all, you need to download and install the latest version of Minecraft Forge to correctly run the Audio Mod.
- Next, download the AudioMod for Minecraft 1.5.2 and drag and drop the contents of the .zip folder into the \’mods\’ folder of your Minecraft directory.
- Delete the META-INF file if your extracting prograsm hasn\’t already done so!
- Run Minecraft, close Minecraft and enjoy your new found compatibility!