The Back to the Future Mod for Minecraft 1.5.2 is developed by 1WTC and is a great mod for a player that loves the franchise ‘Back to the Future’. However, if you have no seen the film franchise, I believe that the amazing models and texture work within this modification will attract you anyway. As this is a relatively new mod, the contents are more quality than quantity at the moment. Four new additions from the film franchise have been virtually re-imagined in this beautiful mod, I strongly recommend you install this mod right away and keep up to date with the progress that it makes.
Back to the Future Mod for Minecraft 1.5.2 and 1.6 Main Features
- The Delorean is a vehicle that can travel through time (not in Minecraft of course, but still). This vehicle is drivable and features an amazing model and texture. Upon hitting eighty eight miles per hour in game a trail of fire with animate behind your car and then you will be randomly transported to a separate point on the map! Pretty cool, huh?
- The Mattel Pink and Pitbull Hover boards are another addition with this mod that enables you to do drive a hovering skateboard. Both additions feature identical abilities, but they have different textures and of course different names! With both new hoverboards, you can ride on water and will travel much faster than the Vanilla Minecraft boats.
- Pepsi Perfect is an 80’s food source that is added and will slightly refill your health and hunger bars.
- Many of the recipes can be found here, on the MINECRAFT FORUMS.
Back to the Future Mod for Minecraft 1.5.2 and 1.6 Pros and Cons
POSITIVES: The praise for this mod is endless, particularly the textures and models make this mod stand out from the rest. The items in game really do represent accurately what they are supposed to, this makes the mod believeable and even more fun! The developer of this mod is constantly updating it and it is compatible with all of his other mods including the ‘DALEK MOD’.
NEGATIVES: One negative is the lack of server support so far. As it stands, a server version is not available for download.
How to Install Back to the Future Mod for Minecraft 1.5.2 and 1.6
- First of all, you need to download and install the latest version of MODLOADER for this mod to run correctly.
- Next, download the Back to the Future Mod for Minecraft 1.5.2 and drag the contents of the .zip folder into the ‘mods’ folder in your Minecraft directory.
- Lastly, simply delete the META-INF file and run the game!