The Battlegear 2 Mod for Minecraft 1.7.2 is a combat-based mod that focuses on high levels of customization, open source, and providing players with interesting and balanced features, such as: New weapons, the ability to duel wield, and a whole new blocking mechanic. This mod also adds in chain mail armor and a war axe. Until Minecraft 1.6 however, the ability to duel wield and the new shielding mechanic will not be implemented.
This mod also introduces a brand new wake to MAKE chain mail armour. You can use two steel bars placed vertically in a crafting table to make three pieces of chainmail, this can then be changed into armour. ‘Knights Armour’ is a new armour set that provides less protection than diamond, but more enchantibility. You can view the recipes for the items mentioned at the MINECRAFT FORUM.
Battlegear 2 Mod for Minecraft 1.7.2 Main Features
- This mod contains open source, which allows anyone who chooses to download it the ability to add/expand the mod in anyway that they want to. Another main feature of this mod is the new addition of the war axes, which are made from VANILLA materials, and the new recipe for chainmail.
- The only other new addition is the ‘Knights Armour’ set.
Battlegear 2 Mod for Minecraft 1.7.2 Pros and Cons
Positives: The Battlegear 2 mod is relatively new, it provides an interesting perspective on the combat mechanics within Minecraft 1.5.2. One positive is the compatibility with other mods, aswell as the ability to play this mod in Multiplayer. There are many planned features for the future of this mod, so updates will never be scarce. The installation also looks very simple, so this is not an overwhelming download for the new Minecraft.
Negatives: There aren’t many negatives with this mod, bugs are few and far between but yet some players claim the download of this mod prompts consistent crashing of their Minecraft.jar, however this is fixable.
How to Install Battlegear 2 Mod for Minecraft 1.7.2
- First of all, to correctly install this mod and have it running you must first install MINECRAFT FORGE.
- Download the Battlegear 2 Mod.jar file
- Place it in the .mods folder in the Minecraft.jar directory.