The Blickablock Resource Pack for Minecraft not only introduces more detailed textures at a resolution of 64×64, in comparison to the default 16×16 resolution, but also adds into the game more content, adding more to textures than just smoothed out textures. Despite having more per block, and more availability to do so with the improved resolution, every texture tiles very well together, and looks pleasant. Though some textures remain subtle, others blast with vibrant colours and details that often most Resource Packs would disregard. The Blickablock Resource Pack follows an awesome theme, replacing every texture from blocks to items and mobs with new and originally themed textures in which the designer has clearly put a lot of effort into producing. Overall, it’s a great one to use, and especially with the improved texture detail, is a massive step up in comparison to the Default Texture Pack!
Blickablock Resource Pack for Minecraft 1.8.8, 1.7.10 and 1.7.2 Pros and Cons
- Improved detail, while the design of the pack allows for players to still identify the different block and item types.
- Great to look at with neat tiling, awesome shading and a really cool looking texture theme that goes very well with Minecraft.
- Every texture has been replaced with a new and better looking one in comparison to the rougher 16×16 resolution Default Pack.
- The significantly improved resolution of 64×64 means that there will be a performance drop and it will require a more beefy computer.
- Requires the use of Optifine or Mcpatcher to use.
Blickablock Resource Pack for Minecraft 1.8.8, 1.7.10 and 1.7.2 Changelog
Blickablock Resource Pack for Minecraft 1.8.8, 1.7.10 and 1.7.2, 1.7.10, 1.7.2
- Download and install the Optifine Mod for Minecraft 1.8.8, 1.7.10 and 1.7.2.
- Download the Blickablock Resource Pack zip file for Minecraft 1.8.8, 1.7.10 and 1.7.2.
- Browse to %appdata%/roaming/.minecraft and open the ‘Resource Packs’ folder.
- Drag the downloaded zip file into that folder.
- Close tabs and launch Minecraft.
- Select the Resource Pack under the Resource Packs options menu.