The Crisp Resource Pack for Minecraft 1.8.8, 1.7.10 and 1.7.2 introduces a retro and touched up Default theme to the game of Minecraft. By keeping the general theme that is brought about by the vanilla Default Texture Pack, the Crisp Pack edits and replaces almost every texture with original, touched up, cleaner versions of the original pack. The Crisp Resource Pack makes sure that the game is still identifiable, enjoyable and doesn’t lose it’s unique theme, only introducing more vibrant and smoother textures.
For a Resource Pack that introduces textures that are designed to be relatively similar to the original pack the designer has done an excellent job at retaining the theme but still using his own texture style in the process. The pack itself is nice to look at and despite having the same resolution, 16×16, the pack manages to come across as much cleaner, smoother and tidier than the original pack which tends to appear more rustic and rough on some angles and in comparison to other Texture/Resource Packs.
Crisp Resource Pack for Minecraft 1.8.8, 1.7.10 and 1.7.2 Pros and Cons
- Retains the theme of Minecraft while adding nicer, cleaner textures to the game.
- Textures are easy to identify.
- No performance drop.
- Nice to look at.
- Very similar to the original pack, and some textures could do with some minor improvements which are sure to come in future updates.
Crisp Resource Pack for Minecraft 1.8.8, 1.7.10 and 1.7.2 Changelog
- Name changed to Crisp.
- Completed majority of all textures.
- Updated other textures.
Crisp Resource Pack for Minecraft 1.8.8, 1.7.10 and 1.7.2
- Optional: Download and install the Optifine Mod for Minecraft 1.8.8, 1.7.10 and 1.7.2.
- Download the Crisp Resource Pack zip file for Minecraft 1.8.8, 1.7.10 and 1.7.2.
- Browse to %appdata%/roaming/.minecraft and open the “Resource Packs” folder.
- Drag the downloaded Crisp Resource Pack zip file into the “Resource Packs” folder.
- Launch Minecraft.
- Select the newly added Crisp Resource Pack under the Resource Packs options selection.