Custom Main Menu Mod
The Custom Main Menu Mod for Minecraft 1.9.4, 1.8.9 and 1.7.10 is not a mod that should be taken lightly. It isn’t as easy to use as most other mods. It requires the full attention of those who know how to follow advanced instructions and are willing to put effort and time into configuration files and true customization. The mod itself is perfect for those creating detailed and in depth maps or full client mods. It allows for complete and utter change of the main menu- ranging from the customization of the basic color scheme of the menu screen, to the layout of buttons, removal or adding of new buttons that lead to internal or external features, artwork, slideshow backgrounds, sounds and more. The Custom Main Menu Mod simply allows for a customization file to be accessed and used by the player for efficient and easy access to creating their ideal scene. This mod could be used by those who simply want a change, or want to create a sleeker screen, or even a more cluttered and vibrant setting for the game.
Custom Main Menu Mod for Minecraft 1.9.4, 1.8.9 and 1.7.10 Usage
Upon installing the mod to your game, there wont be much obvious change to your game visually, and that’s not a problem. However, there will be a new button in which you can use. Once you go into the config or the main menu folder you can then access a .json file (menu.json) which is where all of the customization for the main menu is going to take place. Keep in mind that this is text based customization and does not offer fancy windows or GUI’s to help you through this. Inside this file will be the default settings for the main menu screen. When you make a change to the file, you can save it refresh your main menu with the button on your main menu and see the changes instantly, without having to restart your game entirely. It is advised that before you go into changing and altering the settings inside this file, that you either have background knowledge of how to navigate and configure a json file and also have a backup of your game, or at least a backup of the default menu.json file. Despite this, users can still use the preset customization text that you can use to replace the text inside your current menu.json file to make certain changes without doing everything yourself. If you want to use multiple of these changes, you will need to know exactly where to make the changes, so that you don’t create errors between the overlap of two similar configurations. These presets can be found, here.
Custom Main Menu Mod for Minecraft 1.9.4, 1.8.9 and 1.7.10 Pros and Cons
- Allows for user friendly and advanced configuration for those experienced with .json files.
- Allows for other Minecraft content creators to develop custom menu’s for adding themes and settings into mods or custom mod files or resource packs.
- Pre made settings that can be used by those who are inexperienced or want quick simple changes to their game.
- This kind of customization is advanced and not so easily picked up by everyone. It’s not a click and go mod.
Custom Main Menu Mod for Minecraft 1.9.4, 1.8.9 and 1.7.10 Changelog:
- Added new sound button types.
- Added the option to create different GUI’s and GUI scales.
- Fixed splash text refresh bug.
- Fixed semi transparent images.
- Fixed web images.
How to Install the Custom Main Menu Mod for Minecraft 1.9.4, 1.8.9 and 1.7.10
- Download the Custom Main Menu Mod file for Minecraft 1.9.4, 1.8.9 and 1.7.10.
- If you wish, you can also download and install the Minecraft Forge mod for 1.9.4, 1.8.9 and 1.7.10.
- Go to %appdata%/roaming/.minecraft and open the mods folder.
- Drag the downloaded jar file into the mods folder.