I could have sworn I did a review on this, but it’s a different mod, I guess.
I’ve used the Ender Storage mod before, and wished it had a liquid version. It would make this so much easier, you know? Granted, there is the whole bucket transfer method, but that runs the risk of everything falling on the floor and making your computer slower than a weight-training turtle on soul sand.
This mod does a really good job of doing that. It adds in ender tanks which run on the same idea as the chests. The 3-bit color code for the different chests, giving you 4096 different tank groups to run on. It has three bands around it, which can be separately colored. All 16 types of dye in each of the three slots. To make this wonderful thing, you do this with a crafting table:
It’s not too expensive, but it does need a few things.
This isn’t the only item in the mod, though. Much like in the Ender Storage mod, there’s a portable way to access your liquids, the Ender Bucket! You can’t change the color code by itself, but you can sneak+right click to sync the color codes together. So, if you have a Red, Blue, and Green tank, you can sneak+right click it to get an RGB bucket. It’s crafted like this:
Here’s some more info on these two items:
Ender Tank Info:
- They share storage with everything with the same color code
- Change the band’s color by right clicking it with dye
- You can add them to your own group (mostly for server use) so other people can’t use it.
- When broken, it remembers the color code
- When broken, the contents will stay in the tank, even if it was the last one on the map
- Input is from the top, output from the bottom
- They respond to redstone, filling from the top and emptying from the bottom if they can
Ender Bucket Info:
- Sneak+right click to sync a bucket with a tank
- Pick up liquids by right clicking
- Sneak+right click to place liquids
- In creative mode, if you have one bucket worth of liquid in the network, it acts as an infinite source
- In creative, it acts as a void for liquid
- Right click to see group info (how much liquid, what type of liquid)
There are more features that work for both/the network, but you can find them elsewhere, and they’re not nearly as important as those.
Ender Tanks Mod for Minecraft 1.7.5 Main Features
- Buckets with more than one use (up to 256 buckets of storage in them when fully upgraded)
- 4096 different tank networks to connect to (double that if you’re counting Private Networks)
- The ability to permanently increase the size of the tanks on one network
- Portable storage for the liquids
- Much more
How to use the Ender Tanks Mod for Minecraft 1.7.5
- Make an Ender Tank
- Place it
- Use dyes to change the color code
- Sneak+right click it with an Ender Bucket to link the bucket to that network
- Right click a liquid with the bucket to store it in the network
- Sneak+right click with the bucket to place a liquid from the network
Ender Tanks Mod for Minecraft 1.7.5 Pros and Cons
- Easier to store and access liquids from anywhere.
- Less dangerous when placing liquids like lava
- None to speak of
Ender Tanks Mod Version 1.7d for Minecraft 1.7.5 Changelog
- Few Fixes