Minecraft can be a lonely place for an single adventurer. No one to talk to but simple villagers, No one to love and to hold, to protect and fight for.. until now! With this brand new mod you will always have someone by your side every step of the way! This type of idea is implemented into games such as Fallout and Skyrim; to have a companion. And it’s about time that it was implemented in Minecraft too!
The Familiar follows the player and protects them, they are not tamable like dogs however and are not naturally spawned in the wild. They can be equipped like armor or items. Some of the familiars have an active skill or trait that are specific to their own. Many are only unlocked by naturally progressing through Minecraft, whether that be either XP or Item specific.
- To get started with this mod you will simply need a book, gunpowder, spider eye, bones and rotten flesh to create a ‘FamGuide’. The ‘FamGuide’ includes images of all the available Familiars and also contains a description of the traits that they carry.
- ‘Fairy’- The fairy creates no fall damage and the player tends to glide.
- ‘Navi’- The Navi bugs/annoys the player when valuable items such as diamonds are nearby.
How to Install Familiars Mod API for Minecraft 1.7.5
- To install this mod you need to install Minecraft Forge.
- Once you have successfully and correctly installed Minecraft Forge it will automatically create/generate files. You can download the MOD HERE, and then all you have to do is simply place the downloaded .zip files into those folders. (Extract with Winrar first)
- There are older versions of this mod available for download (specifically 1.5.1) if you prefer, in these versions Familiars such as Herobrine, Notch and Chuck Norris are available for download.
This mod is a great tool to add to your collection and makes the Vanilla Minecraft experience more fun, Minecraft is not such a lonely place anymore!