Feed the Beast was originally a custom survival map for Minecraft that made heavy use of the tech type mods. They decided to compile them up into a mod pack for ease of downloading and continue updating their modpack to this day. At the time of writing FTB is for Minecraft 1.4.7 and contains 24 mods including Industrialcraft, Equivalent Echange 3, Redpower, Buildcraft, and a bunch of addons for those mods, and some non-addons. The launcher for this mod pack also contains other modpacks (which we’ll do more reviews on, I’m sure) that you can play around with. If you really like playing around with machines, this mod is definitely what you’ll need to make Minecraft more fun than it already is. It’s multiplayer, too.
The main point of this mod is to help you out in your world. Having items like Industrialcraft’s drills, Buildcraft’s Quarry, and the many useful machines from Thermal Expansion (including one to make ice, snow, and snowballs from water! How many people have asked for a way to make ice?) Some of the machines are there to help automate your world, some are there just to help you in gathering resources and speeding up the process of getting diamonds, or just finding a use for those seventeen large chests full of cobblestone you’ve managed to pick up… We all know that pain, man. We all know it. This modpack also works just as well on linux and mac as windows. Just as easily, too!
Feed the Beast Modpack FTB for Minecraft 1.4.7 Main Features
- Unbreakable mining tools from Industrialcraft
- Turning that store room you have full to the brim with cobblestone into more useful things
- Getting more ingots per ore than you normally would (you can get three ingots per ore if you play it right)
- World automation with automatic farms from Forestry, quarries from Buildcraft, and Miners from Industrialcraft2
- More redstone capabilities for cooler things (calculators, man. Calculators.)
Feed the Beast Modpack FTB for Minecraft 1.4.7 Pros and Cons
- World automation
- Unbreaking mining tools
- Better redstone
- None. None at all.
Feed the Beast Modpack FTB for Minecraft 1.4.7 Changelogs
- Added some new mods, took some others away.
How to Install Feed the Beast Modpack FTB for Minecraft 1.4.7
- Click the download link below to go to the feed the beast website
- Click Download at the top of the screen
- Click Download exe for windows, or Download jar for mac/linux
- Make a new folder somewhere named anything
- Run the exe/jar file
- That’s it. This has to be the most simple installation guide I’ve ever written.
First modpack review for Minecraftdl! Feed the beast modpack adds in 24 new mods which are mostly tech-related. Check it out!