DayZ is a popular, apocalyptic zombie survival simulator game in which players from all around the world join severs, and survive as long as possible. It’s difficult, it’s large, it’s beautiful looking, and it’s incredibly fun. Minecraft shares many similarities with the DayZ game, which is also a main reason why so many Mods, Texture Packs, and Map’s have been made to introduce DayZ inspired features. The Genuine DayZ Texture Pack for Minecraft 1.8.3, 1.7.10 and 1.7.2 introduces amazing, inspired textures from one game and into another. Not only this, but the Texture Pack has also managed to implement a great deal of mood, and feel into the game of Minecraft. The dark, realistic, and rustic textures make your world(s) feel far more hazardous, and worn. The developer has carefully implemented the features, and has definitely taken time to create the textures with extreme care and consideration. The result is near perfection!
Genuine DayZ Texture Pack for Minecraft 1.8.3, 1.7.10 and 1.7.2 Changelogs
- Released: 1.5.2 and 1.6.2
Genuine DayZ Texture Pack for Minecraft 1.8.3, 1.7.10 and 1.7.2 Main Features
- The Texture Pack introduces amazing DayZ inspired, apocalyptic textures to replace the Default Texture Pack’s.
- The Genuine DayZ Texture Pack has been made at a 64×64 resolution!
- Every single texture has been re-designed and tiles amazingly!
Genuine DayZ Texture Pack for Minecraft 1.8.3, 1.7.10 and 1.7.2 Pros & Cons
I really enjoy using this Texture Pack as the texture’s inside it really do introduce a similar feeling as to playing inside the actual DayZ game. It really amazes me how spot on the creator has gotten when designing the textures, as well as ensuring that these unique texture’s end up tiling well with each other. Unfortunately, I find that some of the texture’s look a little similar to one another, and others can sometimes look repetitive or simplistic. Other than this, the Texture Pack is pure brilliance!
How to install the Genuine DayZ Texture Pack for Minecraft 1.8.3, 1.7.10 and 1.7.2
- Required: Download and install the Optifine Mod BEFORE the Texture Pack installation stage, for automatic Texture Pack patching. OR, download the MCPatcher program for manual patching after the Texture Pack installation stage.
- Download the Genuine Dayz Texture Pack for Minecraft 1.8.3, 1.7.10 and 1.7.2 zip file.
- Browse to %appdata%/roaming/.minecraft and open the “Texture Pack’s” folder.
- Drag the downloaded Texture Pack zip file into the “Texture Pack” folder. (Do not unzip!)
- Select your Texture Pack within the Texture Pack’s menu selection.