This pack seems to exist just to exist. It’s a rather amusing pack, with an effect that doesn’t alter much of the minecraft world from a distance
Spot the difference, I’ll bet you can’t.
Don’t worry, I can’t either. It only affects up-close looks like this:
No this isn’t a construct of some guy with too much time on their hands. This isn’t someone who made a texture pack completely out of 16×16 textues that were only one color, who took a scene like this and blew it up to massive proportions. This guy took the vanilla minecraft textures, and made each pixel look like it’s a different block for a 3d effect. (then again, anyone who’s played minecraft can look at the horse and tell you it’s not a giant up-scale). It makes your world look like it’s made of
But wait, there’s more!
Woo for Billy Mays references! In all seriousness, the guy got lazy with doing this pack, so he made a tool to automatically do it. This means that all of you can make your favorite pack into this type of pack with a single click. Check the forum post for a link to this tool. I’m sure you’ll have fun using this.
HiRez 3d Pixel Resource Pack for Minecraft 1.8.4, 1.7.10 and 1.7.2Pros and Cons
- A pretty cool effect
- The guy revealed how he did it so others can do it as well
- A bit weird at first
- People will see your screenshots as awesome feats of decorating knowledge within an awesome feat of construction knowledge. Could be a pro if you like taking credit for skills you don’t have. Liar!
HiRez 3d Pixel Resource Pack Version 1.3 for Minecraft 1.8.4, 1.7.10 and 1.7.2 Changelogs
- Updated to Minecraft 1.7.10 and 1.7.2
How to install the HiRez 3d Pixel Resource Pack for Minecraft 1.7.10 and 1.7.2
- Download the Resource Pack
- Open Minecraft
- Go to Options
- Go to Resource Packs
- Click Open Resource Packs Folder
- Drag the resource pack into that folder
- Select it in the Minecraft window
- Click Done
- Run Minecraft and enjoy your more pixelated world!