This mod, as you’ve probably guessed, changes hunger by a lot. It makes it harder, but it makes some aspects easier. Hunger is actually a challenge, rather than a mild annoyance in this mod. The way he makes it easier is by putting tooltips on food, and being able to right click a plant to harvest it without having to re-plant it.
The food tooltips don’t say ”1/2 a shank” they say ”Snack” or some other kind of meal. Each type of meal heals a different amount of hunger. They also give you the ”well-fed” effect, which will increase the rate at which you heal based on your hunger. Please note, a ”Shank” is one chunk of the hunger bar.
The stack size is also dependant on the meal itself. For example, you might be able to carry 64 snacks in a stack, but only 1 large meal. I don’t actually know the stack size, but this is just an example.
He also changes how long it takes to eat meals. Snacks are quicker than vanilla minecraft, but large meals take longer. I’ll throw this in here since it kind of goes with it. It also changes how long chickens take to lay eggs, and how long it takes for a baby animal to grow. Crops also take longer to grow, and only grow in the sunlight.
I love this next effect. If you till dirt with water nearby, it tills as normal. If you till grass with no water nearby, it turns to dirt and gives you a seed (10~40% depending on difficulty). Dirt and stone hoes don’t exist anymore, either.
There are so many more features, but we’d be here until next Christmas if I describe them all. But, I’ll end this by saying if you think this guy’s a jerk for all of the changes, you can disable the ones you don’t like. Yep, by using the config file you can disable features you don’t like.
Hunger Overhaul Mod for Minecraft 1.7.10, 1.7.2 and 1.6.4 Main Features
- HarvestCraft food can now be traded.
- HarvestCraft food can be found in chests.
- Rebalanced food values.
- Foods from other mods nerfed.
- Tooltips on food.
- GUI when hunger low.
- Eating food gives well-fed buff.
- Max stack changed.
- Eating speed depends on food.
- Changes to animal breeding.
- Right-click harvest for crops.
- Crops only grow in daytime.
- Crops take longer to grow.
- Crops only give one seed back.
- Sleeping drains hunger.
- Changed hoes.
- Breaking grass doesn’t give seeds.
- Removed recipes for stone/wood hoes.
- Hoe durability reduced.
- Bone meal changes based on difficulty.
- Constant hunger loss.
- Hunger value on death changes based on difficulty.
- Health regains when you have 3 shanks or more.
- Low health gives negative effects.
- Hunger loss and healing rate depend on difficulty.
- Hunger loss speed increased if HarvestCraft is installed.
- Low hunger gives negative effects.
- You die instantly when your hunger is at 0.
- New command to change hunger.
How to use the Hunger Overhaul Mod for Minecraft 1.7.10, 1.7.2 and 1.6.4
- Get food.
- Eat food.
- Seriously, do you guys need this section for this mod?
Hunger Overhaul Mod for Minecraft 1.7.10, 1.7.2 and 1.6.4 Pros and Cons
- All of the main features.
- They can be disabled.
- Not all of them can be disabled.
Hunger Overhaul Mod Version 1e for Minecraft 1.7.10, 1.7.2 and 1.6.4 Changelog
- Calculation issues fixed
- Crash issue fixed in 1.7.10, 1.7.2 and 1.6.4
How to Install the Hunger Overhaul Mod for Minecraft 1.7.10, 1.7.2 and 1.6.4
- Forge Get!
- Download the Hunger Overhaul mod
- Drag it into ~\.minecraft\mods
- Run Minecraft and enjoy!