This texture pack comes from an author who has been creating texture packs themed on different planets. This texture pack is all about an icy planet, something like Pluto. The textures were created with the aim to transmit the cold, visually to the player. The texture pack is completed in blue and white hues. Only cold colors are used.
Here you can see that the soil and grass textures are completely replaced. They are given a new design. It is white, to represent ice. This is done to show the player the cold atmosphere of the planet. The trees are completed in blue shades. They seem cold. Building materials are also in cold shades. You can see the beautiful aurora in the sky.
Everything has been given a “cold” look. The water is colorless. It is done to imitate ice or something at freezing temperatures. Rock and soil are also completed with blue shades. Everything seems frozen. In the sky you can see a completely different planet and the frozen sky.
Ice Planet Texture Pack for Minecraft 1.8, 1.7.10 and 1.7.2 Pros and Cons
- You can play in a completely different atmosphere.
- It is great for themed maps.
- Great for videos wit ha certain story line.
- A good change from the original Minecraft
- The textures are not fit for playing daily.
- You can get bored of them overtime.
- It has a negative atmosphere.
Ice Planet Texture Pack for Minecraft 1.8, 1.7.10 and 1.7.2 Changelogs
- 1.8, 1.7.10 and 1.7.2 compatible
- Many new updates
- a new sun and sky
- new frosty glass
- blended new colors to look good with the overall environment
- new pictures
How to Install Ice Planet Texture Pack for Minecraft 1.8, 1.7.10 and 1.7.2
- Download and run McPatcher
- Open up your ResourcePacks folder it is located at: AppData/Roaming/.minecraft/ResourcePacks
- Download the texture pack and place the .zip file into the resourcepacks folder