So we have here another texture pack based on the popular nintendo game ‘Super Mario All stars’. We all love this classic game, and we all love minecraft. So if you mix these together, you can imagine how cool the game gets. It uses original features and textures from the Mario game, and also the creator ‘WiiRool’ has created some brilliant blocks,items and mobs too that are strikingly similar to features from the Mario games. He uses flowers from the original games, as well as cobblestone, vines, and the oh-so infamous Mario ‘shrooms. Another thing that will definitely beckon many minecraft players are the mobs. ‘WiiRool’ has done an exceptional job making it so that each mob is given it’s own identity as a Mario character – for instance, the pigs are made to look like Yoshi and villagers are made to look like Toad. There are many many different mobs with their own Mario edition identities! But I’ll leave it to you to discover more and dig deeper into this texture pack!
There are an equal amount of good things and bad things about this texture pack. Here’s a few I picked out:
- Accurate textures
- Features from the original game
- Each mob has it’s own Mario edition identity
- It re-creates the game in a very similar fashion
- A few glitches, which spoils the experience a bit
- Some textures don’t fit the theme
- The creator should fix numerous blocks so that they don’t appear glitched
- Some blocks appear too bright
As you can see in this screenshot above, the quality is great and the similarities between the game and this texture is outstanding, and what stands out the most in this texturepack are the mobs, and there’s much more to it!
In this screenshot you can instantly tell that it promotes a very colourful and fun atmosphere while playing minecraft. Almost every block is colourful and bright but it might not be for everyone, but the whole idea of Super Mario All stars is to be wacky, colourful, bright and fun!
How to install MarioCraft Allstars Texture Pack for Minecraft 1.8.8, 1.7.10 and 1.7.2
- Download MarioCraft AllStars Texture Pack for Minecraft 1.8.8, 1.7.10 and 1.7.2 (May require the MCPatcher to fully enjoy the texture pack according to the creator, WiiRool)
- Go to your .minecraft folder then to the ‘texturepack’ folder
- Then ‘click’ and drag your downloaded item into the ‘texturepack’ folder
- Start Minecraft, then select MarioCraft Allstars Texture Pack.
- Enjoy playing Minecraft Super Mario AllStars edition!