Many people asking a lot on where to get ModLoader and what is it. ModLoader is something like mod manager, that will manage everything. That means to say if you want to install some mods you should have this ModLoader installed.
How to Install ModLoader 1.7.4 Latest Update for Windows
- First go to start menu (lower left corner) and click “Run”
- Then type in %appdata%
- Browse through tons of files and find “Minecraft.jar”
- Once you found it open up with WinRar or 7Zip by right click and select “Open With…”
- Drag and drop files that you have downloaded into the minecraft.jar that already opened
- Run Minecraft, and enjoy your mods
How to Install ModLoader 1.7.4 Latest Update for Mac
*These steps are a little bit complicated. So, follow it step-by-step.
- Go to Application->Utitlities and Find Terminal App
- In Terminal App type in these commands, line by line
- cd ~
- mkdir mctmp
- cd mctmp
- jar xf ~/Library/Application\ Support/minecraft/bin/minecraft.jar
- Don’t close the terminal yet, go outside and copy all the files and folders into the mctmp folder that created by command line in previous step
- Go back inside the Terminal, type in
- rm META-INF/MOJANG_C.*
- jar uf ~/Library/Application\ Support/minecraft/bin/minecraft.jar ./
- cd ..
- rm -rf mctmp
- Finally, Finished!
Modloader is another one of those Mod that Minecraft players cannot go without! It allows for many mods to function.