Have you been playing Minecraft since the beginning (or perhaps close to the start) and slowly made your way through the updates and additions until the current version you behold at this moment? Do you ever long for the old versions of Minecraft with the more cheerful color palette, different difficulty and perhaps beauty in its simplicity? Well this mod won’t help ALL of those things but at least it will revert the direction of the sun from north to south like it was in the Beta versions of Minecraft. Clouds go north and the sun goes west like in these previous versions of the game. This is a great mod for anyone who is used to navigating using the older versions of the sun and the clouds in the old school beta version of Minecraft. This mod also allows integration with Zan’s Minimap (another mod by the same creator, so you know it works well together) creating a more custom experience in your Minecraft adventures.
If you wanted to give the sun and clouds the feeling of the old versions of Minecraft, where it would revert to the old movement, this simple mod fix is something you should check out!
Retro Sun Direction Mod (Old North) Mod for Minecraft 1.6.2 and 1.5.2 Main Features
- Changes the direction of the sun and clouds to make it feel more like the older beta versions
- Integrates with Zan’s Minimap for a more customized experience, making nagivation even better
Retro Sun Direction Mod (Old North) Mod for Minecraft 1.6.2 and 1.5.2
- Click “Unpatch” to have a fresh copy of the Minecraft.jar
- Download Modloader
- Click Patch and make sure Minecraft runs correctly
- Nagivate to your “.minecraft” folder and locate the “Mods” folder
- Download and then place your entire zip of “Old North zip” into Mods