Are you a content creator for Minecraft, building mods for various creative ideas, to add rich new content to the gloriously varied Minecraft modding community? Then you might know about the Player API, which gives the modders that much needed push to get some of the mods to work in general. This gives you access to client, server, and bukkit classes and simultaneously reduces incompatibility between mods. Many very popular mods like Smart Moving and Aether Mod rely on the Player API to function which in turn makes this a lot like Forge or Modloader in that regard.
If you want to use this mod for creation, then there are many, many more details located at this link, examples of hooks and writing the code in order for Minecraft to function with your mod properly. Do you need your player to be able to have new animations or move differently? This is just one example of what you can do with such control over the classes.
Player API Mod for Minecraft 1.6.4 Main Features
- Gives you access to client, server, and bukkit classes for much more control over the mod you are creating.
- Player entity class is accessible for custom movement and more
Player API Mod for Minecraft 1.6.4 Pros and Cons
- Pros: Adds new breadth to the Minecraft code, giving you more control with customization
- Cons: Required install for mods in question to function at all
Player API Mod for Minecraft 1.6.4 Changelog
- Updated to work for Minecraft 1.6.4
How to Install Player API Mod for Minecraft 1.6.4
- Go to Start Menu, type in %appdata% and search for .minecraft
- Navigate to your “.minecraft” folder and locate minecraft.jar
- Open minecraft.jar with WinRAR (or similar software)
- Delete META-INF
- Place all the class files from the Player API zip in the minecraft.jar file
- Run minecraft and you are ready to go
- (Note) You can install Forge after you install Player API
Basically this mod allows modders access to client, server, and bukkit classes, and at the same time cutting down on those annoying conflicts between mods. It gives mods access to the entity player class.