Precious Gems mod for Minecraft adds a ton of new ore including Sapphire, Amethyst, Ruby, Topaz, White Gold, Glow Ore, Copper and Blaze Ore, which can then be used to craft and create quite a few brand new items into the world of Minecraft. The new blocks are very useful more than even the standard Minecraft ores, you have new weapon types and even adds a few things like a new tree, the Dark Tree which gives you more of that deep forest feel. You can create armor sets, new tools and items like the fabled Sword of Virtue and even use some of the ore as fuel. I will go over a few of the new crafting recipes that are included with this mod:
Glow Shards and Glow Blocks
Glow Shards are two times more powerful than coal is in a furnace and Glow Blocks are ten times more powerful, making another resource for furnaces in Minecraft.
Glow and Blaze Torches
Use the ore to create torches that not only are useful but give a nice decorative feel with the different colors.
Check out the remaining recipes and more by clicking the link to the forum post here.
Do you want to add a bunch of cool new gems and features? This awesome mod is something you should check out!
Precious Gems Mod for Minecraft 1.4.7 Main Features
- Adds new ore including Sapphire, Amethyst, Ruby, Topaz, White Gold, Glow Ore, Copper and Blaze Ore.
- New armor sets
- New tree and even new mobs!
Precious Gems Mod V5.2 for Minecraft 1.4.7 Changelog
- Updated for Minecraft 1.4.7
- Blaze, Glow, White Gold Ores, and Fire Trees now spawn in nether
- Spawn rates are more realistic
- Fire and Dark Logs behave like vanilla logs now
How to Install Precious Gems Mod for Minecraft 1.4.7
- Go to Start Menu, type in %appdata% and search for .minecraft
- Download and install Forge
- Nagivate to your \”.minecraft\” folder and locate Mods
- Place the entire file of Precious Gems Mod zip inside
- Run minecraft and you are ready to play