There are many ways to die in Minecraft! Whether it is being trapped by a cobweb and slain my mobs, or falling from mountain tops and squishing your knees! But what about quicksand? How would that come in useful? Well now you can find out: As the outdated quicksand mod has now been fully updated for Minecraft 1.6.4
In reality, quicksand is nothing like in the movies! (It is no fun!) However thankfully this mod has created the Quicksand block to mirror that of the fictional kind- meaning that falling in it might lead to a slow and painful death!
Quicksand Mod for Minecraft 1.6.4 Main Features
- When unsupported, the quicksand block will fall just like sand or gravel!
- Unless a mob can ‘dig’ themselves out quick enough, this block will swallow them up and whole!
- The quicksand block is rarely generated in very shallow water, however this block will be around every turn once you enter the deadly Swamp biome!
- To create a quicksand block (for a yield of two) you need to stack a bucket of water, sand and a dirt block on top of each other!
- This block can be used effectively to guard forts, can be used to frustrate your enemies in mazes!
Quicksand Mod for Minecraft 1.6.4 Pro’s and Con’s
Positives: The quicksand block can is in large supply and is easy enough to make! The installation of this mod is fairly simple- so if you’re looking for a quick and simple mod, you may have found it! The block can be used effectively to frustrate your foes and enemies and has lots of uses!
Negatives: This mod is fully updated and does what is says on the tin, there are no negatives!
Quicksand Mod Version 3.1.0 for Minecraft 1.6.4
- Quicksand made faster
- Balanced by being a little easier to break
- Made non-opaque so adjacent faces are still rendered.
How to Install Quicksand Mod for Minecraft 1.6.4
- First of all, this mod requires Minecraft Forge API. Go here to download and install it!
- Delete the META-INF file.
- Download the mod and compress all the files into your Minecraft.jar
This mod adds the quicksand block to Minecraft, it can be used very effectively against your foes!