Do you have a large city or towns spaced far away from each other and want a better way to create a mass transit system, allowing for trade and faster travel? Maybe you have minecarts and rail systems that seem inadequate because of the way they are powered? If you want a fully customizable rail system without having to use counters or various tedious tricks for stations and switches, then RailCraft is something to install right away!
There are many things you can do with RailCraft, starting with the basic rails, steam engine and heading into more complex territory with one way rails, loaders, switches and many more. Use rails the way they should have been made in the first place and better!
A few examples of the new crafting recipe for the Vanilla rails:
There are many other recipes including the powerful junction rail:
To the time and space saving Elevator Rail (which acts like a lift for quarries and doubles as a ladder):
There are many, many more and you should take a look at this link for the whole collection and check out the excellent video as follows.
RailCraft Mod for Minecraft 1.6.2 Main Features
- A highly advanced rail system with switches, elevators and other very useful automated systems
- Compatible with many Forge mods, including IndustrialCraft and more
RailCraft Mod for Minecraft 1.6.2 Pros and Cons
- Pros: Adds a ton of rails, customizable switches, loaders and generally automated systems with can be even more so automatic with the new hopper blocks and even with other popular mods.
- Cons: Some incompatibility with mods that are not Forge based
How to Install RailCraft Mod for Minecraft 1.6.2
- Download Forge
- Go to Start Menu, type in %appdata% and search for .minecraft
- Find the minecraft.jar and open with WinRAR (or similar software)
- Delete META-INF
- Place Forge files inside the minecraft.jar
- Run Minecraft to create the Mods folder and close Minecraft
- Navigate to your “.minecraft” folder and locate Mods
- Place the entire Railcraft zip into the Mods folder
- Run minecraft and you are ready to go
RailCraft Mod is a great Mod which improves rails massively. The developer of this Mod thought the development of rails was missed in Minecraft so RailCraft Mod improves that.