Shadows Without Shaders Resource Pack
The entire idea about the Shadows Without Shaders Resource Pack is to implement a similar idea from shaders into a Resource Pack without dropping the performance of the game for players who cant efficiently run shaders or simply don’t want to. The Resource Pack keeps and maintains the default textures from the original, vanilla 16×16 resolution pack and makes changes to both lighting and shadows- which make notable effects on the environment in game and allows for more contrast and depth in the games lighting while playing idly. Unfortunately, the pack isnt cross compatible with other Resource Packs and is a standalone project.
Shadows Without Shaders Resource Pack for Minecraft 1.8.9, 1.8.8 and 1.7.10 Pros and Cons
- No severe performance drop in comparison to using shaders. This allows for a broader range of users to enjoy similar features.
- Doesnt make changes to the default textures and only improves or adds to the default pack.
- No big changes.
- No texture changes. It’s a Resource Pack for those with lower end computers.
Shadows Without Shaders Resource Pack for Minecraft 1.8.9, 1.8.8 and 1.7.10 Changelog
Shadows Without Shaders Resource Pack for Minecraft 1.8.9, 1.8.8 and 1.7.10
- Download the Optifine Mod for Minecraft version 1.8.9, 1.8.8 and 1.7.10 and install it.
- Download the Shadows Without Shaders Resource Pack zip file.
- Browse to %appdata%/roaming/.minecraft and open the ‘Resource Packs’ folder.
- Drag the downloaded Resource Pack zip file into the Resource Packs folder.
- Close all tabs and launch Minecraft.
- Select the Shadows Without Shaders Resource Pack under the Resource Packs options selection.