Small Boats Mod
The Small Boats Mod for Minecraft 1.6.2 is a small and compact mod that adds in two new boats to Minecraft! I highly recommend this mod as we all the vanilla options for boats is not extensive, and this mod provides several options to upgrade so you no longer have to settle for the ugly, unresponsive and fragile vanilla boat! This mod is made by developer ‘Awger’ and it is fully updated to Minecraft 1.6.2!
Small Boats Mod for Minecraft 1.6.2 Main Features
- The ‘Elegant Punt’ is a working sailboat that can be easily crafted from 3 vanilla boats, 2 sticks, and three pieces of wool.
- The ‘Whitehall’ is a much larger boat that is a great option for when you want to bring with you more supplies, or even more friends!
- The ‘Whitehall’ is created by using three ‘Elegant Punts’ on a crafting grid!
- The steering controls and mechanics work exactly the same as vanilla Minecraft so you don’t have to learn anything new!
Small Boats Mod for Minecraft 1.6.2 Pros and Cons!
POSITIVES: This mod is small and compact but is very handy. As we all know, the options for sailing in vanilla Minecraft is bare and quite boring. This mod is fully updated to the latest version of Minecraft and can be installed for both server and client! It is forge compatible and all new additions feature great modelling and textures!
NEGATIVES: The Whitehall collision parameter is too large, water does tend to appear inside of the boats model and Elegant Punts collisions tend not to register.
Small Boats Mod Version 0.8a for Minecraft 1.6.2 Changelogs
- Updated fully to MC 1.6.2, server chunk load has been fixed, consolidated all of the code into a single.jar, normalized packet handling.
How to Install Small Boats Mod for Minecraft 1.6.2
- First of all, you need to download and install the latest version of MINECRAFT FORGE to correctly run this mod!
- Secondly, download the Small Boats mod and drag and drop the .zip folder into your Minecraft.jar/mods directory!
- Run Minecraft and enjoy sailing around the world in your new boats!