The Sunken Island Adventure is an example of an amazing imagination and amazing terra forming skills. If your not aware terra forming is basically sculpting the land in your own way using Mods such as MCEdit World Editor or similar Mods. Some people decide to make Maps and creations from scratch. The developer of the Sunken Island Custom Map said he was inspired by a picture.
The Map is a desert island with a beach around the out side of the island with two huge mountains being the main focal point. The whole island is surrounded by a circle of water falls so there is no escape! After the Map got released it quickly became really popular as its an amazing creation, so the developer started changing the Map in a number of ways so it can be played as an Adventure Map. The Sunken Island Custom Map now has a full story line. The adventure sees you finding hidden chests which will help you on your adventure.
Sunken Island Custom Map Changelogs for Minecraft 1.8.1, 1.7.10 and 1.7.2
- Updated better enchanted items and potions
- Added some lapis luzi block ‘markers’
- Fixed bugs
- Changed textures of many floors in ruins and portals
- Changed ruin alter so that you can use it without activating the device.
- Added extra portal blocks after the main device, and a few other items and signs.
- New custom biomes, jungle, beaches, ocean, and also mushroom to stop mob spawning.
- Updated world to new 256 height.
How to Install the Sunken Island Custom Map for Minecraft 1.8.1, 1.7.10 and 1.7.2
- Download the Sunken Island Custom Map for Minecraft 1.8.1, 1.7.10 and 1.7.2
- Type %appdata% to go to the roaming folder
- Open the saves folder
- Drag in the zip folder for Sunken Island Custom Map
- Close all windows and open Minecraft
- Select the Sunken Island Custom Map and play!