While this Resource Pack is heavily a work in progress (WIP) the current content inside the pack holds some serious potential. Already, although most blocks textures haven’t yet been changed (though this is planned for future updates) new sounds and re-textures for most weapons have been added. The most significant of which being the bow texture having been changed to a shotgun design, and the arrows becoming bullets. As well as this, most of the swords have been changed slightly, and have been redesigned or completely changed- still keeping that same medieval theme throughout weapons, although as the material cost gets higher, aka the Diamond Sword, the more modern and advanced the weapons will become. So far it’s an interesting theme and concept for a Resource Pack and with the current new sounds integrated to the new bow design, there’s no doubt that the Survival Craft Resource Pack has a bright future.
Survival Craft Resource Pack for Minecraft 1.8.8, 1.7.10 and 1.7.2 Pros and Cons
- No change in the resolution of the pack, staying at 16×16 and therefor not decreasing game performance.
- Awesome re-textures for the weapons so far.
- Sounds integrated to go with the bow texture.
- No changes to other textures like items or blocks, only the weapons (So far).
Survival Craft Resource Pack for Minecraft 1.8.8, 1.7.10 and 1.7.2 Changelog
- Early release.
Survival Craft Resource Pack for Minecraft 1.8.8, 1.7.10 and 1.7.2
- Optional: Download the Optifine Mod for Minecraft 1.8.8, 1.7.10 and 1.7.2 and install it.
- Download the Survival Craft Resource Pack zip file for Minecraft 1.8.8, 1.7.10 and 1.7.2.
- Browse to %appdata%/roaming/.minecraft and open the ‘Resource Packs’ folder.
- Drag the downloaded zip file into the ‘Resource Packs’ folder.
- Close all tabs and launch Minecraft.
- Select the installed Resource Pack under the Resource Packs options selection.