A lot of this mod involves research, and as such, I won’t be going over too many recipes here. You learn most of the recipes and how to make things through the Thaumonomicon and doing research. The only recipe you’ll have to know going into the mod is the Wand of the Apprentice, which is made like this:
This is the most basic wand, it holds 50 Vis at a time. Wands are used to turn various things in the world into other things, such as right clicking a bookshelf to get the Thaumonomicon (which is almost required for the mod to progress. Make one, people.) The wand will recharge Vis automatically when used from the atmosphere around you. The thing at the top right is a crystal, and you can use any one of the five you can mine undergroudn (they glow a bit and have cool vein things on the rocks, so they’re pretty easy to find).
Now, the Thaumonomicon is your best friend with this mod. When you right click with it in your hand it opens up a GUI similar to the achievements screen. You can scroll over different icons to get a summary of what they contain, and click them to actually read the contents of that chapter. Once you make some discoveries using the research table or crucible, you can click on them in the Nomicon and it will tell you what the item is and how to make it.
Thaumcraft 3 Mod for Minecraft 1.5.2 and 1.6 Main Features
- Magic concepts
- 50 aspects to make nearly every item in vanilla, and a most of the mods in some mod packs, with room for many more
- Easy to get started
- An in-game resource for all of the recipes, along with a description of every item in the mod
- Enough research to keep you busy for hours (or days, in my case…)
Thaumcraft 3 Mod for Minecraft 1.5.2 and 1.6 Pros and Cons
- 50 aspects for nearly endless combinations (the amount of combinations can’t be displayed on my computer’s calculator. There’s a hint of how many there are)
- All of the mod’s recipes are held within a book
- A reason to get to the end game
- A lot of mod support
- The research can be time consuming, and has a good chance of destroying the items you put in (which can be a pro with cobblestone.)
- The side effects of making stuff with the crucible tends to spawn nasty mobs.
Thaumcraft 3 Mod Version 3.0.5 e for Minecraft 1.5.2 and 1.6 Changelog
- Trying to fix golems crashing with jars
- Localized and gui fixes
How to Install Thaumcraft 3 Mod for Minecraft 1.5.2 and 1.6
- Download and install Minecraft Forge
- Download Thaumcraft 3
- Drag it into your mods folder
- Run Minecraft and enjoy
- (Optional) close it and mess with the config files, which is suggested.