Thaumcraft 4 is here! We’ve all been waiting for this (well, those of us who use the mod, anyway) and we’ve finally gotten it! For those of you who don’t know this mod yet, it’s completely about magic. You can transmute things, make fancy blocks that only you can break which are pretty cheap, and make blocks which only you can walk through. These things aren’t the main draw for most people, but they’re what I like about the mod.
I won’t go too into detail here, considering the mod is mostly research-based and you’re supposed to find everything out on your own (and you can’t even make most of the stuff if your character didn’t research it, anyway.) This is all recorded within a book in-game, so the only crafting recipe you’ll need to keep track of are the following ones:
You’ll need two of those to make the wand you need. The wand is made like this:
Once you have that, you place a bookshelf on the ground and right-click it with that wand. A Thaumonomicon will float above the ground and lead you on your adventure through the world of Thaumaturgy. Simply right-click with the book in your hand to open it and read what you should research next.
Thaumcraft 4 Mod for Minecraft 1.7.2 Main Features
- An in-game guide book (great for people who play offline-mode).
How to use the Thaumcraft 4 Mod for Minecraft 1.7.2
- Get some iron.
- Turn it into nuggets.
- Make the wand-ends.
- Make the wand.
- Make a bookshelf.
- Smack it with a wand.
- Pick up the resulting book.
Thaumcraft 4 Mod for Minecraft 1.7.2 Pros and Cons
- In-game guide.
- Confusing at first.
- Doesn’t tell you what to research to get certain recipes.
- Content locked until you research it.
- Researching has a high chance to consume items.
Thaumcraft 4 Mod Version 4.0.3a for Minecraft 1.7.2 Changelog
- Fixed some crashes.
- Added some items to trade list.
- Improved trading determination method.
- Thaumcraft mobs should be scannable and drop aspect orbs.
How to Install the Thaumcraft 4 Mod for Minecraft 1.7.2
- Forge get!
- Download the Thaumcraft 4 Mod
- Drag it into your mods folder
- Run Minecraft and enjoy.