This mod is an add-on for Thaumcraft, and requires it to be used. If you didn’t like Thaumcraft, chances are good you won’t like this mod.
This mod expands on the Thaumonomicon, adding in a few new things for you to research and craft, as well as new materials. I’ll mostly focus on the things which aren’t listed in the Nomicon. The first item like that is the Bottle of Rainwater, which is only used in research. It’s the only item with the Aer aspect, which makes it useful. It’s made by right clicking with a Bottle while it’s raining. Pretty simple, I know, but it works.
Then there’s the Smoky Quartz, which acts just like regular Quartz, but it’s black. You can use it for everything you can use Quartz for, including all of the usual blocks. You get it by putting 8 Quartz around a piece of Coal or Charcoal.
It looks like these are the only two items which aren’t covered by the Nomicon. I will go over one other item, just because I think it’s really cool. The Reaper’s Scythe will allow you to collect “extra” hearts when you kill monsters. Every time you kill a monster with one you get a Soul Heart, which will be absorbed before your normal hearts. You can collect up to 20 of these at a time. That’s 20 extra hearts just by killing stuff! Think of how easy the Ender Dragon would be with 30 hearts of health.
How to Use the Thaumic Tinkerer Mod for Minecraft 1.7.9 and 1.7.2
- Research stuff.
- Craft the stuff you’ve researched.
Thaumic Tinkerer Mod for Minecraft 1.7.9 and 1.7.2 Pros and Cons
- More stuff to reaearch.
- More research to do. Research gets annoying at times.
Thaumic Tinkerer Mod Build 26 for Minecraft 1.7.9 and 1.7.2 Changelog
- Fixed Corporal Attractor dropping the wrong item when broken.
- Changed Forge Multipart to be a soft dependancy.
How to Install the Thaumic Tinkerer Mod for Minecraft 1.7.9 and 1.7.2
- Back up your minecraft folder! Always do this, always.
- Forge Get!
- Download and install Thaumcraft 4. (DAVID, PUT THE LINK IN WHEN YOU PUBLISH THE THAUMCRAFT REVIEW)
- (Optional, but recommended) Install ComputerCraft and Forge Multipart.
- Download the Thaumic Tinkerer Mod.
- Drag it into your mods folder.
- Run Minecraft and enjoy.