The Veteran Resource Pack
Minecraft has evolved immensely since its release in May 2009. Concepts have changed, an endless list of things have been added, and it all contributed to make Minecraft the game it is today. If you’ve played Minecraft in its’ Alpha or early Beta days, you’d realize that the textures back then are very different than those of today’s version of Minecraft. Some people like the nostalgia of the older textures, and resort to finding a texture pack to restore the old Alpha glory. Some packs do a good job of replicating those days, while others do a poorer job. But this pack, The Veteran Resource Pack, takes nostalgia to a whole new level. The Veteran Resource Pack is a pack which replicates how Minecraft was in its early development. Not only does this pack serve up a fresh look of older textures, but also brings back some early-dev sounds, by taking advantage of the new possibilities of resource packs in Minecraft 1.6. This pack is pretty much self-explanatory. It provides a nostalgic experience for those long-time Minecraft players. If you’re looking for an extremely well done, nostalgic experience, then The Veteran Resource Pack is your final destination.
The Veteran Resource Pack for Minecraft 1.10.2, 1.9.4 and 1.8.9 Main Features
- Alpha textures
- Alpha sounds
- Extremely nostalgic
- Kept up-to-date
The Veteran Resource Pack for Minecraft 1.10.2, 1.9.4 and 1.8.9 Pros and Cons
- Pros: Kept up-to-date with updates, Alpha textures and sounds, provides a nostalgic Minecraft experience for any player
- Cons: Some players might not feel the nostalgia as much as wanted, due to the terrain gen not being the same as Alpha. Keep in mind that this is a resource pack, not a mod.
How to Install The Veteran Resource Pack for Minecraft 1.10.2, 1.9.4 and 1.8.9
- First, download the The Veteran Resource Pack
- Go to your Start menu, search %appdata%, and click on your Roaming folder
- Once in the Roaming folder, navigate to .minecraft>resourcepacks
- Drag and Drop the downloaded file to the resourcepacks folder
- Open The Veteran Resource Pack with your extraction program of choice
- Extract the folder named “Veteran Pack” to your resourcepacks folder
- Enjoy your new, or should I say old, Minecraft!