Some people are just so talented at texture design. I’ve tried designing textures myself it’s no easy job. Some Texture Pack’s are just amazing, and they stand out far higher than the average Texture Packs. One in particular that caught my eye was the Y-5 Texture Pack for Minecraft 1.8.7, 1.7.10 and 1.7.2. I don’t know why I was so interested in the pack at first. I spent a good deal of time reading through comments and other reviews of the pack. I played around with the Texture Pack too, looking through the textures. I really liked what I saw, and it turns out a great deal of other people did too. The developer is very dedicated and continues to update the pack. His theme for the packs textures are smooth and almost cartoony. He has designed and replaced the old textures of Minecraft with new ones that are quite different to what the Default Texture Pack offers. Each texture tiles well, but I personally think the tiling could be improved slightly. Other than that, the shading and the actual design of the packs is smooth, simple, and really effective. It’s a great Texture Pack to use idly, and probably great for videos and Maps!
The Y-5 Texture Pack for Minecraft 1.8.7, 1.7.10 and 1.7.2 Main Features
- New textures designed to replace the Default Texture Pack.
- New Textures at a 32×32 resolution.
- New themed textures that change the mood of the game.
The Y-5 Texture Pack for Minecraft 1.8.7, 1.7.10 and 1.7.2 Pros and Cons
- Simple textures!
- Colorful and bright textures that make the game a lot nicer to look at.
- Great new, well developed textures with good shading.
- Some of the textures are quite simplistic and look different from the theme.
How to install The Y-5 Texture Pack for Minecraft 1.8.7, 1.7.10 and 1.7.2.
- Download and install the Optifine Mod first OR download the Mcpatcher program and use it when instructed.
- Download the Y-5 Texture Pack zip file for Minecraft 1.8.7, 1.7.10 and 1.7.2.
- Browse to %appdata%/roaming/.minecraft and open the ‘Resourcepacks’ folder.
- Drag the downloaded zip file into the ‘Resourcepacks’ folder.
- If using Mcpatcher, patch your game now.
- Select your Texture Pack in your Resource Packs selection in game.