TwitchTV IRC Mod
So you are a livestream that wants to livestream Minecraft (Duh! :P). However! You want to be able to communicate with users and chatters in your livestream. As a livestreamer… I know how annoying it can be to livestream and play Minecraft and to keep having to switch back and forth between Minecraft and Twitch. When I stumbled across this mod, I was so relieved that some made this, I had to review it.
This mod allows you to communicate and connect with your TwitchTV account and allows you to manage the livestream from Minecraft itself. This mod is perfectly SMP compatible and works great for keeping up with your fans.
Why not watch a video about the TwitchTV IRC Mod:
Advantages and Disadvantages:
- Can see live chat in your client
- Can block website url’s to stop advertising
- Can’t control any aspect of livestream
- Can’t Kick/Timeout/Ban users from the twitch chat
How to Install TwitchTV IRC Mod for Minecraft 1.5.2 and 1.6
- Download and install Minecraft Forge
- Run Minecraft to create the Mods (%appdata%/roaming/.minecraft/mods) folder (Skip to step 4 if already exists)
- Close Minecraft
- Download the TwitchTV IRC Mod
- Drag the Mod zip file into the mods folder
- Run Minecraft.
- Press ‘T’ To get the mod options up.