Walking Dead Mod
This mod only really has two features. It adds a new type of zombie, called a walker, into Minecraft. They’re pretty similar to the original zombie, seeing as they do drop rotten flesh. They differ in three ways, though. They look different, they attack you, chickens, and pigs… and they don’t burn in the sun. It also adds a config file which allows you to disable spawning of all hostile monsters, which has some use to the person who doesn’t want the walkers themselves. Goodbye creepers! Zombies are tough enough as is, but spawning during the day seems a little scary. Or fun. It depends on who you ask, really.
It’s pretty simple to use. Just open up Minecraft, strap on your favourite pair of running shoes, and start using them. No extra items to learn to make, no recipes to learn, just a new monster to have nightmares about. The config file is located in .minecraftconfigWalkingDeadMod.cfg.
Walking Dead Mod for Minecraft 1.8.9, 1.7.10 and 1.7.2 Main Features
The Walking Dead Mod adds a zombie that doesn’t burn in the sun. It also adds in a config file to allow you to remove spawning rights from any hostile mob. It really adds a nice challenge to Minecraft.
Walking Dead Mod for Minecraft 1.8.9, 1.7.10 and 1.7.2 Pros and Cons
This mod will make it a lot easier to farm for your tasty rotten flesh, but a lot harder to find pork, chicken, and feathers. Zombie eating for the win!
Walking Dead Mod for Minecraft 1.8.9, 1.7.10 and 1.7.2 Changelog
- Updated to work with Minecraft 1.8.9, 1.7.10 and 1.7.2
- Improved spawning to work with mods which add biomes (such as ExtraBiomesXL).
- Random textures for walkers.
How to Install Walking Dead Mod for Minecraft 1.8.9, 1.7.10 and 1.7.2
- Download Minecraft Forge here.
- Drag the contents of Minecraft Forge into your minecraft.jar file. (Search for %appdata% then go to .minecraftbinminecraft.jar in windows.)
- Run Minecraft.
- Download the Walking Dead Mod here.
- Drag the walkingdead-1.5-forge-497.jar file into your mods folder. (.minecraftmods)
- Run Minecraft.