I love mods that add aesthetic properties into minecraft. I can never manage to build anything that looks good, so stuff like this makes my jaw drop in amazement. This mod adds in a few new worldgen things that look absolutely amazing, and that are really useful. The stalagmites can damage falling enemies, making for some nice monster traps, but you do need a silk touch pickaxe to mine them and not get cobblestone. Different things also generate in different biomes. Stalagmites and stalactites spawn up in any biome, vines spawn up in any humid biomes, icicles spawn in cold biomes, in wet biomes there will be more water, sandstone stalagmites/stalactites spawn in arid biomes, ice generates in frozen biomes, and ice mushrooms spawn up in cold biomes. Cobwebs will randomly generate in caves. You also get glowstone dust when you destroy glowing mushrooms or ice mushrooms, and they can be sheared to get the mushrooms themselves. Monster heads will spawn on dungeon chests, and skeleton heads will spawn rarely inside of caves. You can also blacklist dimensions to turn this mod off in them, although I don’t see why you’d want to. This mod also doesn’t have any recipes for you to memorize, but here’s a screenshot of a ravine for you to look at:
Looks nice, doesn’t it? Now, you will have to generate a new world to get the features, just as with any mod which adds worldgen in, but that’s not a really big price to pay for this kind of amazing stuff.
Wild Caves Mod for Minecraft 1.6.4 Main Features
- A bunch of new worldgen to make your cave-diving a little more pleasurable.
Wild Caves Mod for Minecraft 1.6.4 Pros and Cons
- New worldgen which looks really nice and can be helpful
- Did you even look at that screenshot? What bad can there be in something that looks that cool?
Wild Caves Mod for Minecraft 1.6.4 Changelog
- Updated to MC 1.6.4
- Some derps have been fixed. No more strange structure generation.
- The sound made by mushrooms has been fixed.
- Fixed mistakes on the configs and also added new config option for bone pile generation.
How to Install Wild Caves Mod for Minecraft 1.6.4
- Install Minecraft Forge (woo, compatibility!)
- Download the Wild Caves Mod
- Drag it into your mods folder
- Run minecraft and enjoy the scenery.
Review of the Wild Caves Mod for Minecraft. Gorgeous scenery.