The Xaero Minimap Mod introduces an efficient navigation tool to the game of Minecraft in which is ultimately used to help a player keep track of where they’re going at all times. Not only does it help prevent the risk of getting lost, or losing your creations & builds; the Minimap has multiple functions that range from item/biome detection and are useful for being able to see nearby natural features you might be searching for or trying to avoid. The minimap comes with a great, clean UI and includes on screen coordinates that are simple and easy to follow. If you thought it couldn’t become any more useful, you’re wrong. Xaero’s Minimap yields deathpoint and waypoints in which will mark the location of a players death to more easily navigate dropped items. Waypoints can be placed by the player to mark and name creations, area’s or anything else of importance. This makes the mod just a step more customisable and varied to most other map mods around.
Xaero Minimap Mod for Minecraft Xaero Minimap Usage
The only thing that’s to keep in mind with this mod is it’s minimum key bindings that can manipulate or bring up various options for the Minimap. These commands are as the following:
- Zoom in and out: I & O
- Create a waypoint: B
- View all waypoints: U
As well as these, there are other features that the mod includes which are mainly customization options. However some do include the view type of the map, which can allow a player to change what the minimap will actually be showing. These features can be found under the mod options found in your settings.
Xaero Minimap Mod for Minecraft Xaero Minimap Pros and Cons
- Great looking UI.
- Colorful and vibrant. The maps features are easy to see.
- Doesn’t take up a huge portion of the screen. It’s not a clunky minimap.
- Comes with lots of accompanied features.
- Not all features have default hotkeys bound.
How to install the Xaero Minimap Mod for Minecraft Xaero Minimap
- Download and install Minecraft Forge for Minecraft Xaero Minimap.
- Download the Xaero Minimap Mod for Minecraft Xaero Minimap.
- Browse to %appdata%/roaming/.minecraft and open the ‘mods’ folder.
- Drag the downloaded mod zip file into the ‘mods’ folder.
- Launch Minecraft.