Xaero’s Special Attacks Mod
Xaero’s Special Attacks Mod for Minecraft 1.8.9 Main Features
The Xaero’s Special Attacks Mod takes inspiration from the MMORPG game Runescape and tries to implement a more complicated and fun weapons system, with chargeable weaponry. In saying this, the mod also adds in new ore, items, weapons, armour, potions and effects. Basically, with the mod installed, weapons can be charged with a new fuel called special energy. Once a weapon has been charged, it’s durability will be increased by 100 and overtime, the weapon will charge up as you fight mobs and players, until it becomes fully charged. At this point you can unleash awesome special attacks that deal more damage or initiate a cool effect. Energy can be gathered just like a regular ore, spawning as rare as diamonds but in larger veins. This material can then be used in the crafting recipes for each of the items available in the mod. Xaero has worked to make the mod look and feel good, not only adding these awesome new mechanics, but also adding in new features to the game’s UI. The Xaero’s Special Attacks Mod introduces an energy bar above your hunger bar so that you can keep an eye on the level of charge you have, allowing players to strategies when they use their effects or attacks. The Mod is also available for multiplayer, which is fantastic for those wanting a little more in their PVP servers.
Xaero’s Special Attacks Mod for Minecraft 1.8.9 Usage
Using Xaero’s Special Attacks Mod is just a matter of understanding some fundamental features. For example, once you have mined the energy ore, from here you can basically use any of the crafting recipes below and begin to create your energy items. These items range from weapons and armour to refined items and potions. Mining the new energy ore with drop energy crystals which can then either be put straight into specific crafting recipes or can be put in a furnace, refined and then turned into an energy potion. Energy Potions restore 50% of your energy, but do note that your energy level does increase overtime slowly when not in use. The items that you can craft are listed below:
Helmet of Energy:
Charging a weapon:
Any weapon or piece of armour can also be charged, just by surrounding the item in a crafting bench with energy crystals. Different items or different variations of weapons will (when charged) have it’s own special effect or special attack. Once fully charged in battle, the player just needs to press R. This will engage the weapons special attack. Pressing the key when the weapon doesn’t have enough energy for even a minor attack will result in a null effect and the special ability name will flash yellow, instead of green.
A list of Xaero’s Special Attacks:
- Wooden Axe – Leech Food, restores hunger by 2 when hitting monsters or players. The target also loses 2 of their hunger. This ability uses 15% of your energy.
- Golden Axe – Soul Split, restores your health by 2 hearts when hitting monsters or players. It uses 15% of your energy.
- Stone Axe – Leech Energy, has a 50% chance to restore your energy by 30%. The target also loses 15% of their energy. This attack uses 15% of your energy.
- Iron Axe – Thunder, hits the target with a lightning bolt and uses 45% of the energy bar.
- Diamond Axe – Vengeance, hits additional damage to the target which is 2 times your missing health. Lower health means more damage. This attack uses 45% of your energy bar.
- Bow – Shotgun, shoots up to 9 arrows when the bow is fully pulled back and R is pressed. It uses only 5% of your energy.
- Diamond Sword – Creeper Blast, makes you invisible for 2 second and launches you 5 blocks into the air, creating a huge explosion destroying enemies in it’s path. The attack uses 55% of your energy.
- Wooden Sword – Hunger Restore, gives your weapon saturation III for 15 seconds. It uses all of your energy.
- Golden Sword – Rapid Heal, gives you Regeneration III, Fire Resistance, Resistance II and Water Breathing for 15 second for 50% of your energy.
- Stone Sword – Ninja Escape, creates a clone of your character and gives you Resistance II for 3 seconds, makes you invisible for a short while, and launching you 18 blocks in the air for 50% of your energy.
- Iron Sword – Animal Instincts, gives you speed, night vision and Strength III for 10 seconds, using 60% of your energy.
Xaero’s Special Attacks Mod for Minecraft 1.8.9 Pros and Cons
- Epic new combat and crafting features.
- Works for multiplayer.
- Sometime’s crashes.
Xaero’s Special Attacks Mod for Minecraft 1.8.9 Changelog
- Improved keybinding system.
How to install the Xaero’s Special Attacks Mod for Minecraft 1.8.9
- Download and install the Minecraft Forge Mod for 1.8.9.
- Download the Xaero’s Special Attacks Mod zip file for 1.8.9.
- Browse to %appdata%/roaming/.minecraft and open the ‘mods’ folder.
- Drag the downloaded mod zip file into there.
- Launch Minecraft.