Zoom Mod for Minecraft is a simple mod that allows you to zoom in, much like the title suggests. This mod includes some easy to use configuration files that you can change the level of zoom and more options. No more having you get up close and personal in order to see what is up a mountain or down a chasm. This mod is simple, works well and is sure to be useful to many players!
Just a small example of how the zoom function works, it allows you to really focus on an area without having to traverse the terrain in order to find something in the distance.
Zoom Mod for Minecraft 1.8, 1.7.10 and 1.7.2 Main Features
- Allows you to zoom in on a hard to see location with the click of a button.
- Can be configured in the settings file.
Zoom Mod for Minecraft 1.8, 1.7.10 and 1.7.2 Pros and Cons
Pros: Allows you to zoom and see places that are too far away to see normally. This is very helpful when navigating.
Cons: Is one of the harder mods to install, lots of tinkering with files. Hopefully this will be changed very soon in the future.
Zoom Mod Version 1.2 for Minecraft 1.8, 1.7.10 and 1.7.2 Changelog
How to Install Zoom Mod for Minecraft 1.8, 1.7.10 and 1.7.2
- This is a custom installation based off of the authors instruction
- Go to the minecraft base folder by typing %appdata% and hitting enter on the Start Menu.
- Fine .minecraft and go in folder “Versions”
- Rename the folder “1.8” to “1.8_zoom”
- Go in the subfolder “1.8_zoom”
- Rename “1.8.jar” to “1.8_zoom.jar”
- Rename “1.8.json” to “1.8_zoom.json”
- Open the file “1.8_zoom.json” with a text editor and replace “id”:”1.8″ with”id”:”1.8_zoom” and save the file
- Copy the files from the ZoomMod ZIP file in “1.8_zoom.jar” as usual and remove the META-INF folder from “1.8_zoom”.
- Start Minecraft
- Click “Edit Profile”
- Select “Use version:” -> “release 1.8_zoom”
- Click “Save Profile”
- Click “Play” or “Login” to start the game.