Minecraft Utilities Mod
The Minecraft Utilities Mod for Minecraft 1.6.2 expands on the original vanilla version of the game by making simple yet useful changes that should have been implemented to begin with. Most of the updates that have been made will make you say: “Oh yeah, I never thought about that” – which can only be a good thing. For example, one minor change is the ability to MAKE an obsidian block by combining a bucket of water with a bucket of lava in your crafting table. See what I mean, obvious right?
Minecraft Utilities Mod for Minecraft 1.6.2
- You can now make mossy cobblestone by combining a cobblestone block with a vine.
- You can now easily make a bucket of water by using ice with an empty pucket, and you can make an ice block by combining a bucket of water with a snowball
- One obvious change that I’m sure everyone is grateful for is the ability to craft saddles with leather and iron ingots
- However, the mod does implement some new functions too. For example, you can now make an Egg Hatcher, a Rock grinder and cutter, and a filter, all with VANILLA items!
Minecraft Utilities Mod for Minecraft 1.6.2 Pros and Cons
POSITIVES: The great thing about this mod is that it takes nothing away from the vanilla Minecraft experience. Whether you’re a newbie just starting out or a Minecraft veteran, the Minecraft Utilities mod appeals to all who wish to maintain the original experience. This mod is currently fully updated to Minecraft 1.5.2 and is available for installation with both server and client download. All of the recipes for the new items can be found here, at the developers WEBSITE.
NEGATIVES: I can’t pick a fault with this mod, the obvious and simplistic nature of it’s updates provides almost an expansion on vanilla Minecraft itself.
How to Install Minecraft Utilities Mod for Minecraft 1.6.2
- First of all, you need to download and install the latest version of MINECRAFT FORGE to correctly run this mod.
- Secondly, download the Minecraft Utilities Mod for Minecraft 1.5.2 and drag and drop the .zip files into the ‘mods’ folder of your Minecraft directory.
- Lastly, load up Minecraft and have fun with this modification!